2010 Sermon Archive
Bethany Bible Sermons
- IN THE SAME BOAT AS JESUS - December 26, 2010
Theme: We never need to panic in the storms of life when we're in the same boat as Jesus.
- IF 'CHRISTMAS' IS TRUE . . . - December 19, 2010
Theme: If the Christmas story is taken as literally true, then certain, life-transforming conclusions must logically follow.
- BAD AFFILIATIONS - December 12, 2010
Theme: As God's people, we bring harm to ourselves and to God's cause when we affiliate ourselves to the actions of the ungodly.
- OUR MAIN TRUST - December 5, 2010
Theme: The story of King Asa teaches us, in all situations of life, to make the Lord our first trust.
- FINISHING 'LOYAL' - November 28, 2010
Theme: As the story of King Abijah teaches us, great acts of faith today cannot—on their own—ensure our loyalty to God in the future.
- OFFERING THE SACRIFICE OF THANKSGIVING - November 21, 2010
Theme: In Psalm 116, the psalmist exemplifies for us how to offer 'the sacrifice of thanksgiving' to God in a way that pleases Him.
- AN UNPREPARED HEART - November 14, 2010
Theme: The story of Rehoboam shows us the dangers of not preparing our heart to seek the Lord.
- TEMPTED - LIKE WE ARE - November 7, 2010
Theme: The temptations our Lord suffered in the wilderness teach us important spiritual lessons about our own times of temptation to sin.
- WISE KING -- UNFAITHFUL HEART - October 31, 2010
Theme: The privileges of God's favor in our lives do not exempt us from the dangers of unfaithfulness to Him.
- GOD'S TESTIMONY OF LOVE - October 24, 2010
Theme: In these two verses, we find the basis for the assurance of salvation through God’s own testimony concerning His Son
- LESSONS FROM A 'COVER-UP' - October 17, 2010
Theme: King David's greatest moral failure teaches us some vital lessons about the dangers of covering-up-and the blessings of confessing—our sins before an all-seeing God.
- FROM ASCENSION TO REJECTION - October 10, 2010
Theme: God may remove us from the privileges and blessing in His grace if we refuse to act in faithful obedience to His commands.
- CRAVING A KING - October 3, 2010
Theme: We must beware of the danger of giving human rule the trust in our hearts that only belongs to God.
- MEN SPOKE FROM GOD - September 26, 2010
Theme: We 'do well to heed' the Bible because it is God's sure word, through men, to mankind.
- THE WAYS OF TRUE WISDOM - September 19, 2010
Theme: The manner in which we display our wisdom proves whether or not ours is "the wisdom that is from above."
- THE GREAT 'NEW CREATION' OFFER - September 12, 2010
Theme: The promise of God is that, if anyone is 'in Christ', he or she is a 'new creation'.
- SNAPSHOTS OF CHURCH LIFE - September 5, 2010
Theme: Paul's closing instructions to Titus give us some 'snapshots' of a healthy, loving church at work.
- UNITED AGAINST DIVISION - August 29, 2010
Theme: We are to stand united in the church's testimony of truth by lovingly confronting anyone who causes division within the church family.
- FIGHT! RUN! KEEP THE FAITH! - August 22, 2010
Theme: Paul's affirmation at the end of his Christian life encourages us to ask: Are we still fighting the good fight? Running the race? Keeping the faith?
- THINGS GOOD & PROFITABLE - July 25, 2010
Theme: Maintaining good works outside the church is the product of affirming good doctrine within the church.
- 'HE SAVED US' - July 24, 2010
Theme: In our interactions with the sinful people of this world, we need to remember how it is that God graciously saved us.
- SOME THINGS TO REMEMBER - July 11, 2010
Theme: When interacting with the unbelieving world we're to remember two things: (1) what kind of people we're to be toward them, and (2) what kind of people we once were before God.
- OUR HEAVENLY CITIZENSHIP - July 4, 2010
Theme: Keeping our heavenly citizenship first in our affections is the best way to live as citizens of this temporal, earthly kingdom.
- THE LIFE UNDER GRACE - June 27, 2010
Theme: God's grace through Jesus Christ teaches us to live a transformed life in this world.
- OUR 'VERY APPROACHABLE' FATHER - June 20, 2010
Theme: The Lord Jesus taught us how approachable the heavenly Father is through prayer.
- A GOOD 'WORKPLACE' WITNESS - June 13, 2010
Theme: Christians are to 'adorn' the gospel by being faithful in the work they do for their employers.
- BE CAREFUL HOW YOU BUILD - June 6, 2010
Theme: We must be careful to build faithfully upon the 'foundation' of faith in Jesus Christ.
- THE MODEL MAN OF GOD - May 30, 2010
Theme: In the local church, God calls the pastor to serve as the godly model for young men.
- COME BOLDLY, AND RECEIVE! - May 23, 2010
Theme: Because of Jesus, we are invited to come boldly to the throne of God’s grace, and receive all that we need.
- THE 'DOMESTIC' STRATEGY - May 16, 2010
Theme: The impact of younger Christian women for the gospel is so vital that God calls the older Christian women in the church to pour their lives into them.
- THE WOMAN WHO STAYED THE SWORD OF VENGEANCE - May 9, 2010
Theme: The story of the Old Testament heroine Abigail exemplifies to us the ministry of encouraging others to leave vengeance in the hand of God.
- MATRONLY MENTORS - May 2, 2010
Theme: Older women are to model Christ-like womanhood to the younger women in the church.
- THE VITAL WITNESS OF OUR ELDER BROTHERS - April 25, 2010
Theme: Older men in the church need to live faithfully for Christ because of the great influence God has given them over others in the church.
- FOUR PERFECTIONS OF THE GOSPEL - April 18, 2010
Theme: This verse shows us the perfections of the message of the gospel of our salvation as viewed from four perspectives.
- LOOKING FOR PURITY IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES - April 11, 2010
Theme: Those who seek to establish moral purity through external matters end up making themselves impure in the sight of God.
- FROM SORROW TO JOY - April 4, 2010
John 16:20-22 - Theme: For His followers, Jesus' resurrection means that sorrow perpetually gives way to joy.
- THREE TRIUMPHS OF THE TRIUMPHANT ENTRY - March 28, 2010
John 12:32-33 - Theme: This passage tells us of three glorious things that began to be true when Jesus made His 'triumphant entry' into Jerusalem on the first Palm Sunday.
- FROM SHARPNESS TO SOUNDNESS - March 21, 2010
Titus 1:12-14 - Theme: Strong biblical leadership must exhort God's people to separate themselves from the worldly influences that make them vulnerable to false teaching.
- THE VITAL MINISTRY OF MOUTH-STOPPING - March 14, 2010
Titus 1:10-11 - Theme: One of the reasons that qualified church leadership is necessary is so that the mouths of those who oppose the faith can be stopped from spreading their harm.
- SEEKING THE GOSPEL IN TIMES OF TRIAL - March 7, 2010
Theme: Paul's confident affirmations about the gospel during one of his greatest times of trial teaches us how to pray for the success of the gospel in our own times of trial.
- HOLDING FAST THE FAITHFUL WORD - February 21, 2010
Theme: This passage describes the doctrinal faithfulness that must characterize an overseer of God's household.
- CHARACTER QUALITIES FOR GOD'S STEWARDS - February 14, 2010
Theme: This passage describes the character qualities that must be true of an overseer of God's household.
- LEADING FROM HOME - February 7, 2010
Theme: Those who oversee God's household must be exemplary in their home-life.
- A BISHOP MUST BE BLAMELESS - January 31, 2010
Theme: This passage highlights the high standard God places on the character of those who care for His church.
- THE HONOR OF MANKIND - January 24, 2010
Theme: Human life is sacred because of the high honor God has placed on mankind above all else that He created.
- A TRUE SON IN OUR COMMON FAITH - January 18, 2010
Theme: The New Testament record of Titus' ministry gives us an example of "a true son" of gospel faith.
- A PASSION FOR GOD'S PLAN - January 10, 2010
Theme: In the introduction to his letter, Paul exemplified a passion for God's plan of redemption through His Son Jesus Christ.
- FROM GOSPEL-BELIEVING TO GODLY LIVING - January 2, 2010
Theme: The theme of the New Testament book of Titus is that genuine faith in sound gospel teaching is to manifest itself in a life of holiness and good works