AM Bible Studies
- PAUL'S FOUR-FOLD PRAYER – Ephesians 3:14-19 - April 12, 2017
Theme: Paul describes his four-fold prayer for the spiritual enablement of the saints.
- THE MESSAGE OF THE MYSTERY – Ephesians 3:8-13 - April 5, 2017
Theme: Paul describes the 'mystery' of God's grace to the Gentiles that he makes known.
- THE MINISTER OF THE MYSTERY – Ephesians 3:1-7 - March 29, 2017
Theme: Paul felt honored to 'reveal' the 'mystery' of God's grace to the Gentiles.
- YOU'RE FAMILY HERE! – Ephesians 2:19-22 - March 22, 2017
Theme: Paul expresses the benefits and blessings of being full citizens and family members of God's household in four ways.
- HE IS OUR PEACE – Ephesians 2:14-18 - March 15, 2017
Theme: In Christ, both Jew and Gentile are brought together in peace before the Father.
- BROUGHT NEAR – Ephesians 2:11-13 - March 8, 2017
Theme: In Christ, we who were formerly 'far away' from God have now been brought 'near'.
- OUR RESURRECTION – Ephesians 2:1-10 - March 1, 2017
Theme: Paul describes the wonderful news of our resurrection to newness of life in Jesus.
- PAUL'S PRAYER FOR THE SAINTS – Ephesians 1:15-23 - February 22, 2017
Theme: Paul prays that his Christian friends would receive a God-empowered knowledge of the rich blessings that are theirs in Christ.
- SEALED WITH THE SPIRIT – Ephesians 1:13-14 - February 15, 2017
Theme: In this passage, Paul shows us how the Holy Spirit seals us, as the property of God through Christ, unto full salvation.
- ACCEPTED INTO THE BELOVED – Ephesians 1:7-12 - February 8, 2017
Theme: In this passage, Paul tells us about how God the Father brought about our full salvation through His Son Jesus Christ.
- THE FATHER OF OUR SALVATION – Ephesians 1:4-6 - February 1, 2017
Theme: In this passage, Paul tells us about the wonderful news of the heavenly Father's role in our salvation.
- IN HEAVENLY PLACES – Ephesians 1:1-3 - January 25, 2017
Theme: Paul introduces this letter by affirming the blessedness of our present heavenly position in Christ.
- THE 'FINAL' FINALE – Revelation 22:17-21 - December 28, 2016
Theme: This passage gives us John's own concluding witness of the authority of this book.
- SOME FINAL WORDS FROM THE ALPHA & OMEGA – Revelation 22:12-16 - December 14, 2016
Theme: This passage describes the Lord Jesus' testimony in the prophecies of Revelation.
- FAITHFUL AND TRUE WORDS – Revelation 22:6-11 - December 7, 2016
Theme: This passage describes the angel's testimony regarding the things spoken in the Book of Revelation.
- THE BLESSINGS OF OUR ETERNAL HOME – Revelation 22:1-5 - November 30, 2016
Theme: This passage describes the blessings that the redeemed will enjoy in their eternal home.
- CONSPICUOUS ABSENCES – Revelation 21:22-27 - November 16, 2016
Theme: This passage enlivens our desire for the New Jerusalem by telling us the things that will not be found there.
- THE CAPITAL CITY OF 'FOREVER' – Revelation 21:9-21 - November 9, 2016
Theme: This passage describes, in astonishing detail, the beauty of the New Jerusalem that will be our eternal dwelling place with Jesus throughout eternity.
- "ALL THINGS NEW" – Revelation 20:21:1-8 - October 26, 2016
Theme: This passage describes the the nature of the new heaven and the new earth.
- THE GREAT WHITE THRONE – Revelation 20:11-15 - October 19, 2016
Theme: This passage describes the Great White Throne judgment at the end of this present age.
- THE THOUSAND-YEAR REIGN – Revelation 20:4-10 - October 12, 2016
Theme: This passage describes the glorious millennial reign of Jesus Christ on earth.
- THE BATTLE IS WON! – Revelation 19:17-2:3 - October 5, 2016
Theme: This passage describes what will happen to the forces of evil on this earth at the return of the Lord
- THE LORD AT HIS COMING – Revelation 19:11-16 - September 28, 2016
Theme: This passage describes the characteristics of our Savior at the time of His glorious return.
- REJOICING IN HEAVEN – Revelation 19:1-10 - September 21, 2016
Theme: This passage describes the joy in heaven that will immediately precede the return of our Lord to earth, after the destruction of the 'harlot' city Babylon.
- BABYLON … GONE! – Revelation 18:21-24 - September 14, 2016
Theme: This passage describes the finality with which the great 'harlot' city Babylon will be thrown down in judgment.
- THE MOURNING FOR THE CITY – Revelation 18:9-20 - September 7, 2016
Theme: This passage describes the mourning that will characterize the unbelieving world at the destruction of the great 'harlot' city Babylon.
- "BABYLON THE GREAT IS FALLEN, IS FALLEN" – Revelation 18:1-8 - August 31, 2016
Theme: In this passage, we're given the reason for the judgment of God falling upon the great harlot city Babylon.
- "MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT" – Revelation 17:1-8 - August 10, 2016
Theme: In this chapter, John is given a vision of the great 'harlot' Babylon, which the Antichrist will exploit and the Lord destroy at His coming.
- THE SEVEN 'BOWL' JUDGMENTS – Revelation 16:1-21 - August 3, 2016
Theme: With the outpouring of the seven 'bowl' judgments, the wrath of God upon this unbelieving age is complete (see 15:1).
- A PRELUDE OF SERIOUS PRAISE – Revelation 15:1-8 - July 27, 2016
Theme: Before the sober outpouring of God's just and final expression of wrath upon the earth, a great prelude of praise to Him will occur in the heavens
- HARVEST TIME! – Revelation 14:13-20 - July 6, 2016
Theme: John is given a vision of two great, symbolic 'reapings' of the earth before the outpouring of God's wrath after the tribulation.
- SERMONS IN THE SKIES – Revelation 14:6-12 - June 29, 2016
Theme: Before the outpouring of His wrath, God will provide three angelic beings in the skies to issue a merciful call for repentance to the people of the world below.
- THOSE WHO STOOD WITH THE LAMB – Revelation 14:1-5 - June 15, 2016
Theme: This passage gives us further details about the 144,000.
- THE DEVIL'S GREATEST LIAR – Revelation 13:11-18 - June 8, 2016
Theme: This passage reveals to us the character and career of the Antichrist's false prophet.
- THE BEAST ARISES – Revelation 13:1-10 - June 1, 2016
Theme: This passage reveals to us the character and career of the Antichrist.
- A PAGEANT OF THE AGES – Revelation 12:1-17 - May 25, 2016
Theme: The twelfth chapter of Revelation describes for us the ages-long struggle of Satan against the plan of God for our redemption.
- THE SEVENTH TRUMPET – Revelation 11:15-19 - May 18, 2016
Theme: The blowing of the eleventh trumpet announces that the kingdom of this world has become the kingdom of the Lord and His Christ.
- THE TWO WITNESSES – Revelation 11:1-14 - May 11, 2016
Theme: This section of Revelation outlines the ministry of the Lord's "two witnesses" whose ministry precedes His return.
- THE MIGHTY ANGEL AND THE LITTLE BOOK – Revelation 10:1-11 - May 4, 2016
Theme: This chapter describes the declaration of the promise of the coming of the Lord to take possession of the kingdoms of this earth.
- FOUR ANGELS UNLEASHED – Revelation 9:13-21 - April 27, 2016
Theme: This passage describes the sounding of the sixth trumpet, and the unleashing upon the earth of the four 'bound' angels.
- THE LOCUSTS FROM THE PIT – Revelation 9:1-12 - April 20, 2016
Theme: This passage describes the unleashing of the locusts from the abyss upon the earth at the blowing of the fifth trumpet.
- FOUR TRUMPETS SOUND – Revelation 8:7-13 - April 13, 2016
Theme: This passage describes the cataclysmic events that will occur on the earth at the time of the blowing of the first four trumpets of judgment.
- SILENCE IN HEAVEN – Revelation 8:1-6 - April 6, 2016
Theme: This passage describes the sober scene in heaven just before the final outpouring of God's wrath on earth begins
- SEALED SERVANTS IN DARK TIMES – Revelation 7:1-8 - March 23, 2016
Theme: Before the outpouring of His wrath, God gives the world a remarkable display of His saving grace by providing select proclaimers of the gospel.
- THE GREAT DAY OF HIS WRATH – Revelation 6:12-17 - March 16, 2016
Theme: The opening of the sixth seal brings to an end the present order of things, and marks the beginning of the outpouring of 'the wrath of the Lamb' upon the ungodly.
- MARTYRS UNDER THE ALTAR – Revelation 6:9-11 - March 9, 2016
Theme: The fifth seal reveals the martyrdom of the saints during the time of tribulation.
- THE FOUR HORSEMEN – Revelation 6:1-8 - March 2, 2016
Theme: The opening of the first four seals releases the first four events of the tribulation.
- THE LAMB WHO HAS PREVAILED – Revelation 5:1-14 - February 24, 2016
Theme: In John's vision of a future scene in heaven, Jesus receives glory as the one who alone has the right to open the scroll and release its seals.
- A VISION OF HEAVEN – Revelation 4:1-11 - February 17, 2016
Theme: Before being given the details of God's future plan for this world, God comforts His people by giving John a vision of the state of things in heaven.
- LUKEWARM IN LAODICEA – Revelation 3:14-22 - February 10, 2016
Theme: We can be deceived by affluent materialism into apathy toward our Master.
- THE CHURCH THAT JESUS ACCEPTED – Revelation 3:7-13 - February 3, 2016
Theme: The church that is faithful to Jesus—though rejected by men—is accepted by Him.
- THE BEAUTIFUL CHURCH THAT WAS DEAD – Revelation 3:1-6 - January 27, 2016
Theme: A church can look outwardly alive to the world, but be dead in the sight of the Lord.
- THE CHURCH THAT TOLERATED SECRET SIN – Revelation 2:18-29 - January 20, 2016
Theme: The holy Son of God loves the purity of His church, and promises to deal with any 'hidden' immorality that He sees within it.
- THE PERSECUTED CHURCH – Revelation 2:8-11 - January 16, 2016
Theme: The church that suffers persecution for Christ is pleasing to Him; and receives His commendation and encouragement.
- THE CHURCH THAT LOOKED LIKE THE WORLD – Revelation 2:12-17 - January 13, 2016
Theme: The Lord Jesus warns that, when His church in the world begins to behave like the world, He will take action.
- THE VISION OF THE RISEN CHRIST – Revelation 1:9-20 - December 16, 2015
Theme: Before giving the vision of the turmoils before His coming, we're given a clear vision of the majesty of the King.
- GRACE TO YOU & PRAISE TO HIM – Revelation 1:4-8 - December 9, 2015
Theme: The formal greeting of this book sets the focus on the glorious return of Jesus Christ.
- THE BLESSED REVELATION – Revelation 1:1-3 - December 2, 2015
Theme: The first three verses of Revelation give us a basic introduction to this book.
- THE BLESSED REVELATION – Revelation 1:1-3 - December 2, 2015
Theme: The first three verses of Revelation give us a basic introduction to this book.
- GOD'S DIFFICULT REFINING PROCESS – Judges 20:1-48 - November 18, 2015
Theme: This chapter illustrates how God refined His disobedient people through a process of trial.
- THE DREADFUL SIN IN GIBEAH – Judges 19:1-30 - October 21, 2015
Theme: This story shows us how far into sin people descended when "everyone did what was right in his own eyes".
- 'THERE WAS NO KING IN ISRAEL' – Judges 18:1-31 - October 14, 2015
Theme: This chapter illustrates the social disorder that follows after a culture's religious decline.
- THE SPIRITUAL DOWNGRADE – Judges 17:1-13 - October 7, 2015
Theme: Spiritual decline is a decisive stages in a culture's downward slide.
- 'HE DID NOT KNOW THAT THE LORD HAD DEPARTED FROM HIM' – Judges 16:1-31 - September 23, 2015
Theme: If we keep flirting with sin, we may find—to our shock—that the Lord left us to suffer in it.
- GOD'S JAWBONE – Judges 15:1-20 - September 16, 2015
Theme: Through the unlikely usefulness of Samson's acts of revenge, God cut down the enemies of His people.
- THEY DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS OF THE LORD ... – Judges 13:25-14:20 - September 9, 2015
Theme: The apparent ups and downs of life, without our knowing it, accomplish the purposes of God.
- "Mom & Pop" Theology – Judges 13:1-25 - September 2, 2015
Theme: There are some lessons about God that we can learn from Samson's mother and father.
- THE 'MAINTENANCE' MEN – Judges 12:8-15 - August 26, 2015
Theme: This passage tells us of three judges who kept the peace in Israel between periods of trouble.
- THE PASSION TO BE FIRST – Judges 12:1-7 - August 19, 2015
Theme: Jephthah's sad conflict with the tribe of Ephriam teaches us the destructive divisiveness that comes from of a love of 'first place'.
- A TRAGIC VOW – Judges 11:28-40 - August 12, 2015
Theme: Jephthah's vow warns us of the seriousness with which God takes our promises.
- STANDING ON THE PROMISES – Judges 11:12-27 - July 22, 2015
Theme: Jephthah's bold example teaches us to stand firmly for what God has promised is ours through Jesus Christ.
- THE DESPISED JUDGE – Judges 10:17-11:11 - July 15, 2015
Theme: Jephthah's return to his people is a picture of God's grace to the people who rejected Him.
- WHAT GOD CANNOT ENDURE – Judges 10:6-16 - July 8, 2015
Theme: The mercy of God is shown in that He could not endure the misery of His unfaithful people.
- LEADERS FOR THEIR TIMES – Judges 10:1-5 - July 1, 2015
Theme: The two 'minor' judges—Tola and Jair—show how God raises unique leaders for the times.
- A FAULTY FINISH – Judges 8:22-32 - June 17, 2015
Theme: The closing story of Gideon shows how even God's most faithful servants need to take care to end well.
- THOROUGHNESS IN GOD'S CALL – Judges 8:4-21 - June 10, 2015
Theme: The 'second phase' of Gideon's battle teaches us the necessity of thoroughness in God's call.
- NOTHING HINDERS WHEN THE BATTLE IS THE LORD'S – Judges 16-8:3 - June 3, 2015
Theme: This passage shows how nothing hindered God from giving the victory to His called-out people.
- BLESSED ASSURANCES – Judges 7:8b-15 - May 27, 2015
Theme: When God calls His servants to a task, He knows how to give them necessary assurances along the way.
- 'LEST ISRAEL CLAIM GLORY FOR ITSELF' – Judges 7:1-8a - May 20, 2015
Theme: The limitations that God allows us to experience are so that His sufficiency may be revealed.
- GOD'S MAN IN PROCESS – Judges 6:33-40 - May 13, 2015
Theme: God graciously takes those that He calls through a process that prepares them for the work.
- TEARING DOWN BAAL'S ALTAR – Judges 6:25-32 - May 6, 2015
Theme: Returning to the worship of the one true God requires that we tear down what is false.
- A SONG OF GOD'S VICTORY – Judges 5:1-31 - April 22, 2015
Theme: This song reviews the ways that God brought about victory for His people.
- INTO UNEXPECTED HANDS – Hebrews 6:4-8 - April 15, 2015
Theme: God sovereignly brings about His promised ends—but often through unexpected means.
- GOD'S UNLIKELY MEANS – Judges 3:31 - April 1, 2015
Theme: The short story of the judge Shamgar teaches us that God is able to rise up the most unlikely of instruments for the most remarkable of purposes.
- GOD'S LEFT HAND – Judges 3:12-30 - March 25, 2015
Theme: Our sovereign God is able to bring about His good purposes for His people through seemingly-dishonorable circumstances.
- THE BANEFUL PATTERN IN BRIEF – Judges 3:7-11 - March 18, 2015
Theme: The story of Israel's deliverance under Othniel shows us the pattern of Judges in brief form.
- AN EPIC FAIL – Judges 1:1-36 - March 4, 2015
Theme: The first chapter of Judges describes the failure of obedience that led to all the problems Israel suffered in the rest of the book.
- A LONG BRIDGE THROUGH DARK TIMES – Judges; Introduction - February 25, 2015
Theme: An introduction to the Old Testament book of Judges.
- FINAL 'WANTS' OF PAUL – 2 Timothy 4:19-22 - February 18, 2015
Theme: Paul's final words in his closing letter reveals to Timothy the things that are on his heart.
- "BUT THE LORD STOOD WITH ME" – 2 Timothy 4:16-18 - February 11, 2015
Theme: Paul shows that his dependency upon the Lord was the basis of his enduring confidence.
- PAUL'S PERSONAL PASTORAL APPEALS – 2 Timothy 4:9-15 - February 4, 2015
Theme: Paul shares himself with Timothy by making certain personal appeals.
- IN THE WINNER'S CIRCLE WITH PAUL – 2 Timothy 4:6-8 - January 28, 2015
Theme: Paul shows us what it looks like to finish the Christian race on earth in faithfulness.
- PREACH THE WORD! – 2 Timothy 4:1-5 - January 21, 2015
Theme: Paul presses on Timothy the high priority of faithfully preaching the word of God.
- THE SAFEGUARD AGAINST APOSTASY – 2 Timothy 3:13-17 - January 14, 2015
Theme: Paul urges Timothy, in the face of increasing ungodliness, to stay true to what he has been taught regarding God's sure word.
- PATTERNS OF ENDURANCE – 2 Timothy 3:10-12 - January 7, 2015
Theme: Paul exhorts Timothy to faithfulness in preaching by reminding him of his own example of endurance.
- PERILOUS TIMES FOR PREACHERS – 2 Timothy 2:22-26 - December 31, 2014
Theme: Paul seeks to inspire faithful preaching in Timothy by warning him of the times to come.
- SANCTIFIED IN 'WAYS' & 'WORDS' – 2 Timothy 2:22-26 - December 17, 2014
Theme: Paul exhorts Timothy to fulfill his ministry with careful choices in his 'conduct' and in his 'conversations.'Theme: Paul exhorts Timothy to set himself apart as a vessel of honor for the usefulness of Christ.
- VESSELS OF HONOR IN THE MASTER'S HOUSE – 2 Timothy 2:19-21 - December 10, 2014
Theme: Paul exhorts Timothy to set himself apart as a vessel of honor for the usefulness of Christ.
- WISE CHOICES CONCERNING 'WORDS' – 2 Timothy 2:14-18 - December 3, 2014
Theme: Paul instructs Timothy on the impact that his relationship to the use of words has on his work.
- A FAITHFUL WORD FOR FAITHFUL MINISTRY – 2 Timothy 2:11-13 - November 26, 2014
Theme: The words of an ancient hymn remind us of motivations from a faithful God to faithful service.